General Principles for Authors
The Monsoon Project is committed to articulating your experiences, stories and ideas in the most interesting and professional manner possible. Contributors have a duty to ensure that their work upholds this mission.
The Monsoon Project requires authors to disclose any potential conflict of interest. Authors are also required to identify when they are representing views of a third-party organisation.
Rights and Responsibilities
The Monsoon Project accepts no liability in respect to any material published under the auspices of The Project, and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy.
Content solely represents the views of the authors. They may not represent the views of The Monsoon Project or any other organization unless stated specifically otherwise. The Monsoon Project simply attempts to provide a range of thoughts, experiences, stories and ideas from the Asia-engaged community.
Any member of the Asia-engaged community may submit material for publication under the following guidelines:
- Publication of any material is at The Monsoon Project’s sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to any text or images prior to publication, or to refuse publication.
- We have a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation in print and online.
- You warrant that any material submitted for publication is your own original work and that you own the entire copyright and any other relevant rights (although feel free to tell us about content that is not yours that we should look into!).
- We reserve the right to remove any content that subsequent to the time of publishing is found to be factually incorrect, derogatory, misleading or upsetting to members of the Asia-engaged community.
Interacting with The Monsoon Project
We want The Monsoon Project to be a place for engaged and interesting discussion; a place for genuine and honest commentary on Asia-related topics of interest. By submitting content or comment, you will be contributing to independent, fact-based debate. We want the discussion of an article to be, if anything, furthering the work and understanding of the original article.
To ensure this, the following standards need to be upheld:
- Respect others and their opinions
- Back-up your opinions with evidence
- No abusive, derogatory or rude comments
Comments and the ability to comment will be moderated and may be removed at the digression of The Monsoon Project’s editorial team. Ultimately, we reserve the right to disallow comments if the Community Standards are not met.
Replies to comments that have been deleted may themselves be deleted, either to remove the thread or because they don’t make sense out of context.
We won’t discuss moderation in the context of comments. If you need to discuss anything, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org