Want to write or work for Monsoon?
Have an Asia Pacific-related article that you would like published? We like to publish short pieces on current, interesting or important issues, events, and ideas.
We will publish analysis, photo essays, and opinion pieces on issues affecting the Asia-Pacific region.
The Monsoon Project’s Editor-in-chief is Reza Mazumder. Send all submissions and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission and editing:
- Pitch an idea by sending a brief description of one or two sentences to email@example.com. Or, send in a full draft article. In your email, include your full name, the degree you are studying, and what year of study you are in.
- If approved, your piece will be sent back to you with the Editor’s requested edits, any questions, and comments.
- Once both The Monsoon Project’s editorial team and the writer are happy with the final piece it will proceed to publication.
- The final piece is then approved for publishing. The Editors-in-chief of The Monsoon Project reserve the right to give final approval for publishing to an article.
- Word length should be between 600 and 900 words. Articles over 900 words will not be approved.
- Use short paragraphs. Be brief. Express your ideas in short, succinct and direct language.
- Academic blogging requires writing for a public audience that is non-specialist and may not have any knowledge of your chosen topic. Use language that is accessible and readable.
- Avoid academic jargon.
- If you wish to use an acronym, write out the full title of a name first and then provide its acronym in brackets immediately after. You may then continue to use the acronym for the rest of the article.
- Assertions must be backed up with evidence by way of links. If in doubt if whether an assertion needs a link, put one in.
- If you speak of a particular event, institution or scholarly work, please hyperlink a source into the words that have described given event, institution or scholarly work.
- Include your byline at the end of your article. Bylines must follow the below format;
“[Your full name] is a [year of study] studying a [your degree that you are currently studying] at the [name of the institution you are studying at].”
Example: “Reza Mazumder is a third year undergraduate studying a Bachelor of Asian Studies and a Bachelor of Arts at the Australian National University.”
Want to take it further?
If you are keen to expand your skills in writing, editing, design, web management, then we want to hear from you. The Monsoon Project is always keen to expand its team to include passionate people.
If you wish to volunteer your time to work on Monsoon email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are keen to be involved.